Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo 13-05-2007
Miembro

SMTZ Va por buen camino
Post Me he decidido a escribir la carta en ingles

Aquí la teneis. Enviada a: steve@pageonepr.com y northamericasales@codegear.com

To de dirctors of Borland:

I go to you because, as user of the products of Borland, from Turbo Pascal from some years ago, until Delphi Studio, I see that the product has only been able to be executed under the platforms of Microsoft, however, the times change and every time there are more companies and administrations that change their systems to Linux, for not speaking of the superservers, where it is UNIX the great ruler (Solaris, HP-UX, AIX...). Do I think that it is the multiplataform one of the causes that JAVA is the most extended language in the present time according to some surveys, for that that, in my opinion, if Linux has more and more force and do languages multiplataform and free (the own java, .NET / MONO - Monodevelop, freepascal, Lazarous), how future waits Delphi? Why don't Borland or Codegears indicate anything in their WEB about their politics with UNIX? As user I would want to know about this.
Could not Borland follow a similar strategy as Oracle, for example? Oracle allows downloading its database and around it, exist:
- payment tools
- support on the product (of payment)
- buy the database if it is to do business
- courses with certifications (of payment)
- administrators of Oracle, of the company Oracle, in the companies that hire that service
- to stop to give support on the old versions of the database to give it on the new versions and, therefore, begin the wheel of courses again, buys of the new product, etc.

Would not Borland / Codegears create a free IDE for users and of payment for companies and create payment tools, support, etc.? I believe that it would be profitable. For example, if "Borland Delphi 2008" supports Oracle 10g, when Oracle takes out 11g, Delphi will be upgraded or to take out a new version that supports the new version of Oracle.

Sincerely,
Responder Con Cita