Ver Mensaje Individual
Antiguo 06-12-2016
Moderador

mamcx Tiene un aura espectacularmamcx Tiene un aura espectacularmamcx Tiene un aura espectacular
Cita:
Empezado por Casimiro Notevi Ver Mensaje
Eso que dices es una soberana chorrada, tontería, o como quieras llamarlo.
Licencias de software libre hay muchas, asi que no aplica a todas, pero si hay casos de algunas donde ponen problemas. GPL es la mas obvia (aunque no por confusa, ya que ha sido testeada en cortes de algunos paises).

Un ejemplo:

http://dev.hasenj.org/post/327259250...nd-its-minions

Cita:
: Douglas Crockford put the following clause in the JSON license “The Software should be used for Good, not Evil.”)
Asi que de vuelta, IBM le pidio:
Cita:
[IBM]…saying that they want to use something I wrote. Because I put this on everything I write, now. They want to use something that I wrote in something that they wrote, and they were pretty sure they weren’t going to use it for evil, but they couldn’t say for sure about their customers. So could I give them a special license for that?

Of course. So I wrote back – this happened literally two weeks ago – “I give permission for IBM, its customers, partners, and minions, to use JSLint for evil.”

---
And the attorney wrote back and said: “Thanks very much, Douglas!”
Ahora bien, en el caso de lo que se habla, donde una empresa puede ser auditada, es MUY probable que no importa que tengas que meter abogados de por medio, NO MERAMENTE POR LICENCIAS porque seguramente hay muchas cosas mas que aclarar.

Pero honestamente, me parece un caso muy aislado, y quizas se vera en ciertas industrias (salud, financieras, etc)

---

P.D: Recordando que esto salio hace un rato, aqui hay experiencias que validan lo que puso el compañero:

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5138866
Cita:

hopeless 1406 days ago [-]

I tried to get approval to use an (entirely IBM-developed) open source library at IBM. The process took months and hadn't finished when I finally left. If I remember correctly, it was going to take approval from the team lead, 3 lawyers, and a VP (and possibly someone else, I can't remember). And that's after spending about a week or two running code scans to check for "suspicious" keywords like 'evil'^ and then individually checking each of the ~10,000 issues.

I know why IBM has to these issue so seriously but remember this when you wonder why big companies can't execute as quickly as startups. And remember, the library I wanted to use only had contributions from IBM developers and was under the favoured Eclipse licence.
Asi que nunca hay que dudar de la habilidad de las grandes empresas ni de sus abogados,

Aunque no del todo justificado. Recuerden que por "tonterias" como estas se han hecho demandas multimillonarias. Asi que es algo que se toma en serio.

Última edición por mamcx fecha: 06-12-2016 a las 18:18:10.
Responder Con Cita